- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Super Pool Brackets - FINAL BRACKETS AS OF 9:30P SUNDAY
- Once a bracket has been marked final no changes or additions will be made. We have filled these out to the best of our ability.
SUPERPOOL PLAY OFF BRACKETS
- 14U Red Super Pool (Pools C, D, F. G)--FINAL
- 14U Navy Super Pool (Pools H, J, K, L)--FINAL
- 14U Yellow Super Pool (Pools M, N, O, P)---FINAL
- 14U Lime Super Pool (Pools R, S, T, V)--FINAL
- 16U Turquoise Super Pool (Pools AA, BB, CC, DD)--FINAL
- 16U Sapphire Super Pool (Pools EE, FF, GG, HH)--FINAL
- 16U Pink Super Pool (Pools II, JJ, KK, LL)--FINAL
- 16U Orange Super Pool (Pools MM, NN, OO, PP)--FINAL
- 16U Fuchsia Super Pool (Pools QQ, RR, SS, TT)--FINAL
- 16U Deep Gold Super Pool (Pools UU, VV, WW, XX)--FINAL
- 16U Maroon Super Pool (Pools YY, ZZ, BC, BD)--FINAL
- 18U Black Super Pool (Pools AB, AC, AD, AE)--FINAL
- 18U White Super Pool (Pools AF, AG, AH, AJ)--FINAL
- 18U Green Super Pool (Pools AK, AN, AP, AR)--FINAL
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Schedule - This schedule is preliminary. The final schedule will be in the coach's packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Pools - These pools are preliminary. The final pools will be in the coach's packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
***** NEW ****** As of 12/15..NPF (National
Professional Fastpitch), confirmed that they are going to bring a
regular-season game in 2014 to Columbus Ohio. It will be July 12, 2014 at 8 PM
at Berliner Park, immediately after our final games Saturday night at the
Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest ! It will be the Akron Racers vs the USSSA Pride.
What a great way for the girls and everyone else interested in softball to see
the game played at its highest level. This is the first time they will be in
Columbus. There will be softball stars and former Olympians such as Cat Osterman, Natasha Watley, Keilani Ricketts, Caitlin
Lowe, Kelly Kretschman, ALL-NPF selection,
Charlotte Morgan, former NPF Pitcher of the Year Lisa Norris and the first
selection overall in the 2013 NPF Draft, Rachele Fico and many others for everyone to enjoy. Further
information will be available after February 1, 2014 on the Akron Racers website
July 11, 12 and 13, 2014
We feel the Buckeye Showdown presents the best chance in the Midwest for
your team to be exposed to college coaches in a tournament format. Lou
Berliner Park offers the college coaches a chance to see multiple
players and teams in one location without having to go from complex to
complex. Berliner Park also has homerun fences on all 31 fields which
it a more realistic and more enjoyable tournament for the girls.
Please note that the tournament is for 14U, 16U and 18U only. Again this is because these are the primary age groups that the college coaches said they were interested in, and this tournament is build around the wishes of the college coaches. We are proud to offer the younger age groups at most of our other tournaments.
ATTENTION ALL 14U, 16U and 18U Coaches - At the multiple
requests of College Coaches, we are compiling a tournament player
database for all of the College Coaches so they can better recruit your
players. It is a REQUIREMENT for entry in this tournament that every player on your roster is added to this database. The form will be available April 1st and this information must be submitted by June 30th. The reason the form will not be available before this is because of the numerous changes in the roster and the information required that may occur between your conformation for the tournament and April. We feel that by April 1st most rosters and information are correct. If we do not have this information on ALL of your players by June 30th, they may be removed from the tournament. There is no cost
to you and this is the best way for the College Coaches to be aware of
your team and who is on it.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Player Profile Form
We are proud to announce that on Thursday, July 10
there will be an administered National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) college recruiting camp at Lou Berliner Park, the day before our tournament. This will be one of only 4 camps of its type in the country.
We have been involved in fastpitch softball for 25 years and we believe these camps are the best college exposure camps in the country. Please go to www.nfca.org for more details and to sign up to
participate. You may sign up even
if you are not playing in the Buckeye Showdown.
As with all Fastpitch Showdowns, pool play games will be 90 minutes long which gives you a better chance to get in a full game. And with 3 games minimum at that length for each team, you know that, win or lose, your girls will enjoy plenty of softball and college coach exposure and make your weekend worthwhile. Your bracket play games will be 80 minutes long.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Format -
The 2014 Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest will take 64 teams at 14u, 112 teams at 16u and 48 teams at 18u. This makes it the biggest recruiting tournament east of the Mississippi. We will use the following format which was developed by college
coaches to make it a better recruiting experience for themselves and the
prospective college recruits. It is the same format used at the NFCA college
recruiting tournaments in Florida and Texas.
- The RecruitFest will start with the All Star games
on Thursday, July 10 immediately after the NFCA camp. Each team can nominate 2
players (and two alternates) for the All Star games based on the players
on-field and off field accomplishments. The cost of the games will be $50 per
player and includes an All-Star game jersey. Nominations will be accepted
through June 23, 2014 and players will be notified of their acceptance (or
rejection) by June 28 (NOT BEFORE). They will then have until July 2 to pay and accept or
decline the nomination. No money should be submitted until they are notified of
their acceptance, and payment instructions will be sent to them
then. Players that were not accepted will also be notified by June 28 (NOT BEFORE). Click here more information on the All Star Games including All Star Game Day Information.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest All Star Game Registration Form - Deadline extended to June 25 at 5pm. Please click on the link for more information and to sign up your players.
Each team will play 3 pool games on Friday and
Saturday with bracket play starting Saturday afternoon. There will be a
mandatory pre-game warm-up prior to each pool game with on-field skills
being showcased (basically infield/outfield practice). Click here for the pre-game warm up format.
At the completion of pool play all teams will then
be seeded and placed into brackets. For each age group there will be 4 divisions
- Gold (1st Place in Pool), Silver (2nd Place in Pool), Bronze (3rd Place in Pool), and Copper (4th Place in Pool). Teams will be placed into brackets based on
their won/loss record, head-to-head, then runs allowed, then runs scored ( max of 7 runs
scored per game ). If still tied a coin flip will determine winner. The
teams will then play two games within their respective brackets to determine an
overall winner of each super pool. Each super pool will consist of 4 teams who
had the same finish in their respective pool. All teams (except 4 teams)
will play Sunday at the request of college coaches that can not make Friday or
Saturday games. Only the winners of the Gold super pools will play on to
determine the overall winner of the tournament at each age group. If you do not
win your pool, you can not be the winner of the overall tournament. However
the winners of each Silver, Bronze and Copper super pool will receive
ribbons that can be picked up by their coach at headquarters. The winner and
finalist in the Gold division super pool play-offs will receive medals and an
award presentation immediately following their final game.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Rules - These are the tentative rules for the tournament. The final copy of the rules will be in the coach's packet that must be picked up at headquarters before the tournament begins.
- The City of Columbus charges an admission fee of $5 a day per vehicle.
- Directions to the fields - Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
are proud to host the tournament at the Lou Berliner Park in Columbus,
Ohio. The complex is the largest in the United States, with 31 fields
all in one location. You do not have to park out in front and walk to
the fields as the complex has adequate parking close to each field!!
Berliner Park and the City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
is proud of their reputation in the fastpitch community and continues to
make improvements. As of 2014, Berliner Park will have 11 turf fields (called FieldTurf
- the same surface that has been installed at the University of
Louisville) which will make
more turf fields than any single location in the United States. This
will allow even more teams to play immediately after rain stops. It is
the next step in their long range plan of continuous improvements to the
Park. In 2014, metal cleats will be allowed on both the turf and dirt fields at all divisions as an exception to the park rules specifically for our tournament.
At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.