July 10, 11 and 12, 2015
We feel the Buckeye Showdown presents the best chance in the Midwest for
your team to be exposed to college coaches in a tournament format. Lou
Berliner Park offers the college coaches a chance to see multiple
players and teams in one location without having to go from complex to
complex. Berliner Park also has homerun fences on all 31 fields which
it a more realistic and more enjoyable tournament for the girls.
Please note that the tournament is for 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U only. The 14U, 16U, and 18U are the primary age groups that the college coaches said they were interested in, and this tournament is build around the wishes of the college coaches. And we have added the 12U division to give the younger players the exposure and experience of a true college recruiting tournament at the same complex.
ATTENTION ALL 14U, 16U and 18U Coaches - At the multiple
requests of College Coaches, we are compiling a tournament player
database for all of the College Coaches so they can better recruit your
players. It is a REQUIREMENT for entry in this tournament that every player on your roster is added to this database. The form will be available June 1st and this information must be submitted by June 30th. The reason the form will not be available before this is because of the numerous changes in the roster and the information required that may occur between your conformation for the tournament and June 1. We feel that by June 1st most rosters and information are correct. If we do not have this information on ALL of your players by June 30th, they may be removed from the tournament. There is no cost
to you and this is the best way for the College Coaches to be aware of
your team and who is on it.
- Buckeye RecruitFest Showdown Player Profile Form - This will be posted by June 1st.
As with all Fastpitch Showdowns, pool play games will be 90 minutes long which gives you a better chance to get in a full game. And with 3 games minimum at that length for each team at 14U, 16U and 18U, you know that, win or lose, your girls will enjoy plenty of softball and college coach exposure and make your weekend worthwhile. Your bracket play games will be 80 minutes long. The 12U tournament will have the standard 4 pool play games Friday and Saturday and single elimination on Sunday.
- Buckeye RecruitFest Showdown Format - for 14U, 16U and 18U
The 2015 Buckeye RecruitFest Showdown will take 48 teams at 14u, 112 teams at 16u and 48 teams at 18u. This makes it the biggest recruiting tournament east of the Mississippi. We will use the following format which was developed by college
coaches to make it a better recruiting experience for themselves and the
prospective college recruits. It is the same format used at the NFCA college
recruiting tournaments in Florida and Texas.
- The RecruitFest will start with the All Star games
on Thursday, July 9 at 6pm. Each team can nominate up to 4 players for the All Star games based on the players
on-field and off field accomplishments. The cost of the games will be $50 per
player and includes an All-Star game jersey. Nominations will be accepted
through June 17, 2015 and players will be notified of their acceptance (or
rejection) by June 24 (NOT BEFORE). They will then have until June 29 to pay and accept or
decline the nomination. No money should be submitted until they are notified of
their acceptance, and payment instructions will be sent to them
then. Players that were not accepted will also be notified by June 24 (NOT BEFORE). More information on the All Star Games including All Star Game Day Information will be posted by October 1st.
- HEAD COACHES ONLY - Form to nominate your players for the All Star Game will be posted by October 1st.
Each team will play 3 pool games on Friday and
Saturday with bracket play starting Saturday afternoon. There will be a
mandatory pre-game warm-up prior to each pool game with on-field skills
being showcased (basically infield/outfield practice). Click here for the pre-game warm up format.
At the completion of pool play all teams will then
be seeded and placed into brackets. For each age group there will be 4 divisions
- Gold (1st Place in Pool), Silver (2nd Place in Pool), Bronze (3rd Place in Pool), and Copper (4th Place in Pool). Teams will be placed into brackets based on
their won/loss record, head-to-head, then runs allowed, then runs scored ( max of 7 runs
scored per game ). If still tied a coin flip will determine winner. The
teams will then play two games within their respective brackets to determine an
overall winner of each super pool. Each super pool will consist of 4 teams who
had the same finish in their respective pool. All teams (except 4 teams)
will play Sunday at the request of college coaches that can not make Friday or
Saturday games. Only the winners of the Gold super pools will play on to
determine the overall winner of the tournament at each age group. If you do not
win your pool, you can not be the winner of the overall tournament. However
the winners of each Silver, Bronze and Copper super pool will receive
ribbons that can be picked up by their coach at headquarters. The winner and
finalist in the Gold division super pool play-offs will receive medals and an
award presentation immediately following their final game.
- The 14U, 16U and 18U divisions will be allowed to wear metal cleats on all fields including the turf fields. Berliner Park has made this exception for our tournament. HOWEVER BERLINER PARK DOES REQUIRE THAT ALL PITCHERS WHO PITCH ON TURF FIELDS (FIELDS 1, 4, 5, 10-17) CANNOT WEAR METAL CLEATS WHILE PITCHING. TURF CLEATS, PLASTIC CLEATS, RUBBER CLEATS AND SNEAKERS ARE ALLOWED.
- Buckeye RecruitFest Showdown Format - for 12U only
- All teams will play 4 pool games Friday and Saturday. Each team will then be seeded in bracket play depending on their record. The top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.
Most importantly, you will be able to pick the hotel/motel that you
would like to stay at during the tournament. On their website you will
have 20 - 30 hotels listed with the range of prices and accommodations
for each tournament, as well as the hotel's distance from Berliner Park.
If you don't see anything that you like, the last listing will enable
you to pick the hotel you would like to stay at, and they will try to
make the reservations for you at that hotel -- still guaranteeing the
4. You can make the reservations directly on the
Internet through TRAVELING TEAMS WEB SITE, or if you prefer the travel
coordinator will gladly take your call.
5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournaments from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. But for
everyone it will keep the cost of the tournaments at a reasonable level.
And again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
Thanks again for your understanding as we implement this new policy as required by the City of Columbus.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest College Coach Registration 2015 - will be active by October 1st.
- College Coaches that are Registered to Attend the 2015 Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest - will be updated continuously beginning February 1st.
- College Coaches that Registered to Attend the 2014 Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest - will be updated by October 1st.
- Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Rules - These will be posted by October 1st.
- The City of Columbus charges an admission fee of $5 a day per vehicle.
- Directions to the fields - Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
are proud to host the tournament at the Lou Berliner Park in Columbus,
Ohio. The complex is the largest in the United States, with 31 fields
all in one location. You do not have to park out in front and walk to
the fields as the complex has adequate parking close to each field!!
Berliner Park and the City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
is proud of their reputation in the fastpitch community and continues to
make improvements. As of 2014, Berliner Park will have 11 turf fields (called FieldTurf
- the same surface that has been installed at the University of
Louisville) which will make
more turf fields than any single location in the United States. This
will allow even more teams to play immediately after rain stops. It is
the next step in their long range plan of continuous improvements to the
At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgeable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources and Attractions
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 1st.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.