All-Star Games Details• All Star Game Day Instructions - Tentative Instructions. Final instructions will be emailed out to confirmed All Stars.
• The All-Star games will take place at Berliner Park at Fields #10-13 after the clinic on Thursday July 6th. The times will be approximately 6 PM until about 9:00 PM. The reason we are having All-Star games immediately after the clinic is that many college coaches are limited in their number of recruiting days. Some coaches just attend the clinic, and they don't want to use an extra day of their day limit, so they just leave after the camp. This way it allows those college coaches to stay longer during the same day without affecting their limit, and allows the coaches to see the prospects in a game situation. (However you DO NOT have to be in the camp to participate in the All-Star games).
• As college coaches prefer to recruit by graduation year, teams will be consist of players graduating the same year. We expect to have 6 teams of 2018 graduates, 6 teams of 2019 graduates and 4 teams of 2020 and 2021 graduates however this may change based on nominations. We divide the teams in this way to give the players closest to graduating the best opportunity to be seen by the college coaches. We will accept 2022 and beyond graduates, but they will only be placed after all of the 2020 and 2021 nominees have been placed.
• The All-Star teams will be coached by college coaches/players when possible. If not enough are available, we will use former college coaches or former players. Many college coaches will be at the Buckeye Showdown RecruitFest Player Development and Recruiting Clinic, and this will give the players the enjoyment of experiencing what it is like to be coached by an actual college coach, or someone that has college softball experience.
• Because the tournament has over 200 teams, coaches of each team at the 14u, 16u, and 18u age groups can nominate up to 4 players. First nominees will be placed first, then second nominees and so on. If your player is selected and is not able to play, you will not replace that player with another nominee from your team. That position goes back into the pool of applicants to be awarded. We realize that will be difficult for the travel ball coaches to select, but we only have limited fields. We feel you know your players better than we do, and wanted it to be fair to every team.
• Each All-Star team will consist of a maximum of 12 players - 3 pitchers, 2 catchers, 1 first baseman, 1 second baseman, 1 shortstop, 1 3rd baseman and 3 outfielders. Each pitcher will pitch approximately 2-3 innings, each catcher will catch approximately half the game, and each other position will play the entire game. All players will bat unless they choose not to. Nominees should apply to one of the above positions and will not switch positions during the game.
• Nominees will be selected first on graduating year, and then based on fielding position. Nominees will then be selected based on softball accomplishments as well as school and non - school related activities, including appropriate weight given to their GPA.
• The cost for each player involved in the All-Star games will be $55 and includes an All Star team jersey to be worn during the All Star game. Please do not send in any money with the nominations. Nominations will only be accepted by filling out the form below by June 16th. The accepted nominees will be notified by June 26th and will have until June 30th to accept their nominations and pay their fee, or decline the nomination. The nominees that were not accepted will also be notified.
• Another advantage of the games is that it gives the girls a chance to meet and play with girls from different states and other teams. They will find out that these girls are not “the enemy” but rather just other girls that have the same interests as they do. Perhaps they will even play in college together!