CAPITOL CITY SHOWDOWN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME RESULTS10 AND UNDER - VIKINGS ELITE DEFEATED OHIO STINGRAYS
12 AND UNDER - KENTUCKY ROCKERS DEFEATED MOV FLAMIN' FURY
14 AND UNDER - CENTRAL OHIO ICE '99 DEFEATED DIAMOND EXPRESS
16 AND UNDER - OUTLAWS PREMIER DEFEATED RALLY CATS
18 AND UNDER - SUNDOGS DEFEATED BRAMPTON BLAZERS
are the scoreboards from the Capitol City Bat Wars Showdown. These are for
informational purposes only. These are the results as they were
reported to us as of 6pm on Sunday. The rain caused some of the reported scores to be faded - sorry! Due to the fact that we are in the
middle of our tournament season, no scores will be added or changed for
any reason. We apologize if there are any mistakes. Thanks for your
Thanks to the teams that entered, the Capitol
City "Bat Wars" Showdown has sold out at all age groups with 142 teams. Thank
you for your support. If you are interested in being put on the waiting list, please email Bill
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which tournament and what age group you are interested in.
- Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Welcome to the Capitol City "Bat Wars" 7 Game Guarantee Showdown and College Showcase!
June 6, 7 and 8, 2014
We are happy again to partner with the Bat
Wars extravaganza from Florida. It is the ONLY LOCATION in the country that they will offer it to girls fastpitch
this summer, and we are proud to host them as we think this will make
the tournament one for the girls to remember. Please click here to go to the Bat Wars web site.
Those that were with us last year, you'll remember they have four
pitching machines set up pitching constantly, over 2500 balls, dozens
of shaggers, many Fastpitch related giveaways, and over 150 bats for
the girls to try - all at no cost! What a great experience for the
girls and what a chance to try out in live action so many different
bats to see what works best for them - again all at no cost.
Combine this with a guaranteed 7 games for all teams (except 10u teams who get 5 games guaranteed for $415), 90 minute games,
games no earlier than noon on Friday and no later than 6:00p on Sunday,
pool winners advancing, and we promise a good time for all.
So we invite you to come to a fun and competitive softball event.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Capitol City Showdown Format - Each of the winners of the two pools from each age group will advance to a championship game. These will be the only 2 teams from each age group that will advance as there will be no bracket play. This allows almost every team to know when and where their games are the entire weekend and therefore make travel and other plans accordingly. With the ability to bat the entire line-up and free substitution in the field, it is a perfect format for teams to experiment with what they have and determine how they will play the rest of the year. The 14U, 16U and 18U divisions will be allowed to wear metal cleats on all fields including the turf fields. Berliner Park has made this exception for our tournament.
- Capitol City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- $25 discount to all first time NFCA Members. Please click here to download membership form. Membership form MUST be mailed to Fastpitch Showdowns with your entry form for discount to apply. Discount will be applied to one tournament during the 2014 season.
- Capitol City Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. The final copy of
the rules will be in the coach's packet that must be picked up at
headquarters before the tournament begins.
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Paramount College Showcase - Paramount Scouting Bureau began
holding showcases in 1997 to offer student-athletes a better understanding of
the recruiting process and additional exposure to college coaches. Each event
offers professional instruction and evaluations by current and former college
coaches, along with informative sessions on the college recruiting process. We
evaluate each athlete
for running speed, fielding, throwing, pitching, catching, batting. After the showcase, each player receives
a written evaluation of her performance.
Paramount Scouting Bureau then makes the showcase evaluations available
to every college softball coach across the country. For more information, please contact Paramount directly at 724-514-6797 or
- Directions to the fields - Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
are proud to host the tournament at the Lou Berliner Park in Columbus,
Ohio. The complex is the largest in the United States, with 31 fields
all in one location. You do not have to park out in front and walk to
the fields as the complex has adequate parking close to each field!!
Berliner Park and the City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
is proud of their reputation in the fastpitch community and continues to
make improvements. Among other things, they are constructing an
additional permanent concession and restroom
facility and addiing lights to 2 more fields. Berliner Park has 8 turf fields (called FieldTurf
- the same surface that has been installed at the University of
Louisville) which will make
more turf fields than any single location in the United States. This
will allow even more teams to play immediately after rain stops. It is
the next step in their long range plan of continuous improvements to the
Park. In 2014, metal cleats will be allowed on both the turf and dirt fields at the 14U, 16U and 18U divisions.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
- If, as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.