Thanks to the teams that entered, the Capitol
City 7 Game Guarantee Showdown has sold out at all age groups with 142 teams. If you are interested in being put on the waiting list, please email Bill
at email@example.com. Please indicate which tournament and what age group you are interested in. Thank
you for your support.
Welcome to the Capitol City 7 Game Guarantee Showdown!
June 5, 6 and 7, 2015
********** NEW INFORMATION AS OF 3/15/15*******
Fastpitch Showdowns is
excited to announce that we will host a "Player Development and Recruiting Clinic"
at the Capitol City Showdown in
2015. The clinic will take place Thursday June 4th from approximately
9am to 5pm. We will have college coaches and assistants in
to instruct the players on the skills that college coaches are looking
potential recruits, followed in the afternoon by games coached by
the college coaches (while still giving them instructions). This
being done in other parts of the country, and we are proud to offer it
players in the Midwest. Players register to play a specific position in the Clinic. Space is limited by position. We
will accept a maximum of 80 players in the Clinic - 16 @ Pitcher, 8 @
Catcher, 8 @ 1st Base, 8 @ 2nd Base, 8 @ Shortstop, 8 @ 3rd Base and 24 @
Outfield. For additional preliminary
information on the Clinic, please go to our Player Development and Recruiting Clinic Page.
- Universities and Colleges confirmed as of 3/17/15 - Many other colleges and universities have been contacted and the coaches have expressed their interest but will not know their recruiting schedule until some time in May. This list is subject to change. We will update this list as more schools confirm.
- Hillsdale College
- Ohio Christian University
- University of
Pittsburgh at Bradford
- Denison University
- Oberlin University
- Walsh University
- University of Northwest Ohio
- Lake Erie
********** NEW INFORMATION AS OF 12/1/14*******
Due to financial reasons "Bat Wars" has decided to keep their events in Florida in 2015 and will not be at the Capitol City Showdown in 2015. The Capitol City 7 Game Guarantee Showdown tournament will be played as scheduled.
With a guaranteed 7 games for all teams (except 10u teams who get 5 games guaranteed for $415), 90 minute games,
games no earlier than noon on Friday and no later than 6:00p on Sunday,
pool winners advancing, and we promise a good time for all.
So we invite you to come to a fun and competitive softball event.
- Capitol City Showdown Format - Each of the winners of the two pools from each age group will advance to a championship game. These will be the only 2 teams from each age group that will advance as there will be no bracket play. This allows almost every team to know when and where their games are the entire weekend and therefore make travel and other plans accordingly. With the ability to bat the entire line-up and free substitution in the field, it is a perfect format for teams to experiment with what they have and determine how they will play the rest of the year.
- The 14U, 16U and 18U divisions will be allowed to wear metal cleats on all fields including the turf fields. Berliner Park has made this exception for our tournament. HOWEVER BERLINER PARK DOES REQUIRE THAT ALL PITCHERS WHO PITCH ON TURF FIELDS (FIELDS 1, 4, 5, 10-17) CANNOT WEAR METAL CLEATS WHILE PITCHING. TURF CLEATS, PLASTIC CLEATS, RUBBER CLEATS AND SNEAKERS ARE ALLOWED.
- IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION - HOTEL POLICY FOR ALL COLUMBUS OHIO FASTPITCH SHOWDOWNS
of Columbus and Berliner Park have implemented a new "Heads in Beds"
program in 2015 for their Baseball, Fastpitch, and Adult Softball tournaments.
They are doing it to more accurately reflect the number of visitors and
participants they have in their various events, and the economic impact they
have on the city. They use this information, and other information, in
determining their funding from the City for improvements to the Park. They
experimented with it last year, and there were numerous delays for many of the
teams at registration as we had to get the correct information for them. This
year the gathering of the proper information DIRECTLY affects the cost of the
fields for us, which DIRECTLY affects the cost of your entry fee. To keep the entry
fees at a minimum, we are going to do the following --
happy to introduce our new partnership with Traveling Teams. They will be
assisting all out of town teams with hotel lodging. Our new partnership entails
that all teams must use their service in order to compete in the event. Traveling
Teams eliminates all of the hassles that team managers endure when making hotel
arrangements. They completely eliminate the time that comes with looking for
the right hotels, seeking hotel availability, and the negotiation process.
Along with all of that, they guarantee the best availabile group rate to all
team is considered to be within a 70 mile radius to the tournament fields. If
you fall within that guideline, please confirm that with Traveling Teams. That
information goes back into tournaments hands for proper tracking purposes.
To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very
simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
After you have submitted your
request, a team travel coordinator will get back with you further discuss your
Due to the increase in the amount of teams we have entering into the
tournament, we feel Traveling Teams will be the best fit to help alleviate all
of the headaches that come with booking hotels. Especially for the teams that
are new to the tournament and new to traveling. The best part of this
partnership will save you hours of time and money.
Thank you again for your understanding and patience as we implement the
Columbus "Heads in Beds" program. We look forward to the 2015
Fastpitch Showcase season!
- Capitol City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- $25 discount to all first time NFCA Members. Please click here to download membership form. Membership form MUST be mailed to Fastpitch Showdowns with your entry form for discount to apply. Discount will be applied to one tournament during the 2014 season.
- Capitol City Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
- Recruiting Tools
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Want your games filmed? CaptainU can film your
games at the tournament! Click here to learn more and to register. Any footage can be
edited into a 3-5 minute highlight video! If you have any
questions on filming, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Directions to the fields - Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
are proud to host the tournament at the Lou Berliner Park in Columbus,
Ohio. The complex is the largest in the United States, with 31 fields
all in one location. You do not have to park out in front and walk to
the fields as the complex has adequate parking close to each field!!
Berliner Park and the City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
is proud of their reputation in the fastpitch community and continues to
make improvements. Among other things, they now have 11 turf fields (called FieldTurf
- the same surface that has been installed at the University of
Louisville) which will make
more turf fields than any single location in the Midwest. This
will allow even more teams to play immediately after the rain stops. It is
the next step in their long range plan of continuous improvements to the
Park. In 2015, metal cleats will be allowed on both the turf and dirt fields at the 14U, 16U and 18U divisions - with the exception of pitchers on the turf fields.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
- If, as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.