Welcome to the Capitol City 7 Game Guarantee Showdown!Due to financial reasons "Bat Wars" has decided to keep their events in Florida in 2015 and will not be at the Capitol City Showdown in 2015. The Capitol City 7 Game Guarantee Showdown tournament will be played as scheduled.
June 5, 6 and 7, 2015
With a guaranteed 7 games for all teams (except 10u teams who get 5 games guaranteed for $415), 90 minute games,
games no earlier than noon on Friday and no later than 6:00p on Sunday,
pool winners advancing, and we promise a good time for all.
So we invite you to come to a fun and competitive softball event.
- Capitol City Showdown Format - Each of the winners of the two pools from each age group will advance to a championship game. These will be the only 2 teams from each age group that will advance as there will be no bracket play. This allows almost every team to know when and where their games are the entire weekend and therefore make travel and other plans accordingly. With the ability to bat the entire line-up and free substitution in the field, it is a perfect format for teams to experiment with what they have and determine how they will play the rest of the year.
- The 14U, 16U and 18U divisions will be allowed to wear metal cleats on all fields including the turf fields. Berliner Park has made this exception for our tournament. HOWEVER BERLINER PARK DOES REQUIRE THAT ALL PITCHERS WHO PITCH ON TURF FIELDS (FIELDS 1, 4, 5, 10-17) CANNOT WEAR METAL CLEATS WHILE PITCHING. TURF CLEATS, PLASTIC CLEATS, RUBBER CLEATS AND SNEAKERS ARE ALLOWED.
- IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION - HOTEL POLICY FOR ALL COLUMBUS OHIO FASTPITCH SHOWDOWNS
The City of Columbus and Berliner Park have implemented a new "Heads in Beds" program in 2015 for their Baseball, Fastpitch, and Adult Softball tournaments. They are doing it to more accurately reflect the number of visitors and participants they have in their various events, and the economic impact they have on the City. They use this information, and other information, in determining their funding from the City for improvements to the Park. They experimented with it last year, and there were numerous delays for many of the teams at registration as we had to get the correct information for them. This year the gathering of the proper information DIRECTLY affects the cost of the fields for us, which DIRECTLY affects the cost of your entry fee. To keep the entry fees at a minimum, we are going to do the following --
ALL TEAMS will use our team travel coordinator group, Traveling Teams, to work with all teams that are coming from out of town. If you are coming from out of town, you will be required to book through the coordinator, but you can stay wherever you would like. If you are local team ( within 70 miles ), you just have to tell them. They will keep track of all the information that Columbus requires. To book your hotel, please click here
. The process will work like this --
Thanks again for your understanding and patience as
we implement the Columbus "Heads in Beds" program.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.
2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.
3. Their website will have 15-20 hotels listed when we
first start, with a range of prices and accommodations for each tournament from
which to choose. They will also list the distance from Berliner Park for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their website
that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay at, and they will
try to make the reservations for you at that hotel - still negotiating a low
rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for other hotels, those hotels will
be added to the list. We would eventually like to get to approximately 30 or
more hotels for each tournament in Columbus, so that the teams will have a wide
variety of choices and accommodations.
4. You can make the reservations directly on the Internet through TRAVELING TEAMS WEB SITE
, or if you prefer the travel coordinator will gladly take your call.
5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.
6. Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the tournaments from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. But for everyone it will keep the cost of the tournaments at a reasonable level. And again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the guaranteed lowest price.
- Capitol City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- $25 discount to all first time NFCA Members. Please click here to download membership form. Membership form MUST be mailed to Fastpitch Showdowns with your entry form for discount to apply. Discount will be applied to one tournament during the 2014 season.
- Capitol City Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
- Recruiting Tools
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Want your games filmed? CaptainU can film your
games at the tournament! Click here to learn more and to register. Any footage can be
edited into a 3-5 minute highlight video! If you have any
questions on filming, please contact email@example.com
- Directions to the fields - Lou Berliner Park, 325 Greenlawn Ave, Columbus OH 43223
are proud to host the tournament at the Lou Berliner Park in Columbus,
Ohio. The complex is the largest in the United States, with 31 fields
all in one location. You do not have to park out in front and walk to
the fields as the complex has adequate parking close to each field!!
Berliner Park and the City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Department
is proud of their reputation in the fastpitch community and continues to
make improvements. Among other things, they now have 11 turf fields (called FieldTurf
- the same surface that has been installed at the University of
Louisville) which will make
more turf fields than any single location in the Midwest. This
will allow even more teams to play immediately after the rain stops. It is
the next step in their long range plan of continuous improvements to the
Park. In 2015, metal cleats will be allowed on both the turf and dirt fields at the 14U, 16U and 18U divisions - with the exception of pitchers on the turf fields.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 1.
- If, as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.