Welcome to the Gem City 6 Game Guarantee Showdown!
July 3, 4 and 5, 2015
Come join us for a fun 4th of July weekend tournament. Plus, its an ASA Qualifier. What could be better! This year we have added the 8U and 18+ age groups (playing only Saturday and Sunday) so that all girls playing the sport of softball can have an enjoyable holiday weekend.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U - All teams will play 5 pool games. Each team will then be
seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8
or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum
bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of
each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a
separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet.
The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive
championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up
and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to
give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a
chance to play.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 8U and 18+ - This will be a 2 day tournament so we
will use our standard 2 day 5 game guarantee format. All teams will
have 5 games guaranteed. At all age groups - with at least 6 teams -
teams will be divided
into two pools. Teams will play 4 pool games and then they will be
ranked in their pool based on how they did in pool play. For the fifth
game, each team will play the corresponding finisher in the other pool
from their age group. So you must go to headquarters to find out when and where your fifth game is being played. This way each team will know where they finish in the tournament and we can give each team a guaranteed 5 games in 2 days.
- Gem City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Gem City Showdown Rules
- These will be posted by October 1st.
- The 14U, 16U, 18U and 18+ divisions will pitch at 43 feet. 12U will pitch at 40 feet. 8U and 10U will pitch at 35 feet.
- The City of Dayton will charge an admission fee. We don't know what it will be exactly but they are always very reasonable.
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Team Managers - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- Athletes - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- College Coaches - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- Have questions?
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 1st.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.