Welcome to the Gem City Showdown!
July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
Come join us for a fun 4th of July holiday weekend tournament. Plus, its an ASA Qualifier. What could be better! In the heart of Dayton, Ohio we offer every team a 6 game guarantee. All teams will get 5 games of pool play. Then the top half of each pool will go into a Platinum Single Elimination Bracket. The lower half will go into a separate Gold Single Elimination Bracket. The brackets will not play each other. This means even the bottom half of the pool has a chance for a championship. We look forward to you joining us.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Gem City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Gem City Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. The final copy of
the rules will be in the coach's packet that must be picked up at
headquarters before the tournament begins.
- The 14U, 16U and 18U divisions will pitch at 43 feet. 12U will pitch at 40 feet. 10U will pitch at 35 feet.
- The City of Dayton will charge an admission fee. We don't know what it will be exactly but they are always very reasonable.
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.