Welcome to the Gem City 5 Game Guarantee Showdown!
Gem City Showdown Brackets - Due to 3:30p and later games on Sunday being cancelled by the City of Dayton due to field conditions all Final Brackets Winners (excluding 8u and 16-U Platinum) were determined by coin flip. We appreciate everyones patience and understanding as we struggled through the rain today. These are for informational purposes only. These are the results as they were reported to us as of 3:30pm on Sunday. Due to the fact that we are in the middle of our tournament season, no brackets will be changed for any reason. We apologize if there are any mistakes. Thanks for your understanding.
July 1, 2 and 3, 2016
Come join us for a fun 4th of July weekend tournament. This year we have added the 8U and 18+ age groups (playing only Saturday and Sunday) so that all girls playing the sport of softball can have an enjoyable holiday weekend.
- Gem City Showdown Schedule - This
schedule is preliminary. The final schedule will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Gem City Showdown Pools - These pools are preliminary. The final pools will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Gem City Showdown Brackets - Final Sunday Brackets
- Kettering Field, 444 North Bend Blvd., Dayton, OH 45404
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U - All teams will play 4 pool games. Each team will then be
seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8
or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum
bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of
each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a
separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet.
The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive
championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up
and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to
give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a
chance to play.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 8U and 18+ - This will be a 2 day tournament so we
will use our standard 2 day 5 game guarantee format. All teams will
have 5 games guaranteed. At all age groups - with at least 6 teams -
teams will be divided
into two pools. Teams will play 4 pool games and then they will be
ranked in their pool based on how they did in pool play. For the fifth
game, each team will play the corresponding finisher in the other pool
from their age group. So you must go to headquarters to find out when and where your fifth game is being played. This way each team will know where they finish in the tournament and we can give each team a guaranteed 5 games in 2 days.
- Gem City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Gem City Showdown Rules - These are the rules from last year's tournament. They will be substantively the same. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
- 8U Rule Addendum - This is the tentative 8U Rule Addendum for the tournament. Final 8U Rules will be in the coach's packet which must be picked up at registration at the start of the tournament.
- The 14U, 16U, 18U and 18+ divisions will pitch at 43 feet. 12U will pitch at 40 feet. 8U and 10U will pitch at 35 feet.
year we have partnered with Traveling Teams to be our official hotel
coordinator. We believe that their low price guarantee and personalized
support service offer the best service to our teams. Here is how the process will work.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.3.
Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a
range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to
choose. They will also list the distance from Kettering Field for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their
website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay
at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel -
still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for
other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would
eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Dayton, so
that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations. 4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very
simple process that will only take you a few minutes. 5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.6.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And
again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
- The City of Dayton will charge an admission fee. We don't know what it will be exactly but they are always very reasonable.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Local Resources
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 15th.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.