Because of numerous requests, we are moving to an online registration and payment format in 2017. Because we are getting this set up, registrations and payments will not be available until October 1st. However we wanted to let you know our 2017 tournament and clinic schedule as soon as it was confirmed. All other information (except for registration) has been updated below for 2017.
Welcome to the Gem City 5 Game Guarantee Showdown!
June 30, July 1 and 2, 2017
Come join us for a fun 4th of July weekend tournament. This year we have added the 8U and 18+ age groups (playing only Saturday and Sunday) so that all girls playing the sport of softball can have an enjoyable holiday weekend.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
This year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA ! We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools", etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to do so.Your membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be good for 1 year.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.
2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.
3. Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to choose. They will also list the distance from Kettering Field for each hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel - still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Dayton, so that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations.
4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. Will be posted by October 1st. It is a very simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.
6. Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the guaranteed lowest price.