Welcome to the Gem City 5 Game Guarantee Showdown!
June 30, July 1 and 2, 2017
Come join us for a fun 4th of July weekend tournament. This year we have added the 8U and 18+ age groups (playing only Saturday and Sunday) so that all girls playing the sport of softball can have an enjoyable holiday weekend.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown
tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch
Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U,
12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not
already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA !
We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and
the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most
importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better
coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly
tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools",
etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your
experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a
teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue
to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to
give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to
membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month
following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be
good for 1 year. We think that you will find the membership so beneficial that you will renew your membership on your own the following year.
- Kettering Field, 444 North Bend Blvd., Dayton, OH 45404
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U - All teams will play 4 pool games. Each team will then be
seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8
or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum
bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of
each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a
separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet.
The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive
championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up
and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to
give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a
chance to play.
- Gem City Showdown Format for 8U and 18+ - This will be a 2 day tournament so we
will use our standard 2 day 5 game guarantee format. All teams will
have 5 games guaranteed. At all age groups - with at least 6 teams -
teams will be divided
into two pools. Teams will play 4 pool games and then they will be
ranked in their pool based on how they did in pool play. For the fifth
game, each team will play the corresponding finisher in the other pool
from their age group. So you must go to headquarters to find out when and where your fifth game is being played. This way each team will know where they finish in the tournament and we can give each team a guaranteed 5 games in 2 days.
- All Registrations and payments must be done online. We no longer accept mail in payments or registrations.
- To register, please click on the link above
After you have logged in, click Begin Registration.Then click on your name.Select your desired tournament.Select your age group.Click Select to confirm your choiceClick Team ContactRead and agree to Terms of Service
- If this is your first Fastpitch Showdown registration for 2017, you must create an account.
- If you already have an account, please log in.
information should populate on the next page. Please scroll to the
bottom and enter your team name as you want it listed. Then click
continue.Verify information and click continue.If you would like to register for additional tournaments at this time, click Add Registration and repeat steps 3-10.Once you have completed your registrations, click Checkout.You
can then either pay the registration fees in full at this time or put
down a deposit of $100 per tournament (balance due May 1st).
If you wish to pay in full at this time, click Next.
If you wish to put down a deposit at this time, click Pay Partial and enter $100 per tournament. Then click Next.Currently we are accepting payments by Visa and Mastercard only. Fill out the payment information and click Submit Payment.You will see a confirmation page and you will also receive an email confirming your registration.
- Gem City Showdown Rules - These are the rules from last year's tournament. They will be substantively the same. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
- 8U Rule Addendum - This is the tentative 8U Rule Addendum for the tournament. Final 8U Rules will be in the coach's packet which must be picked up at registration at the start of the tournament.
year we have partnered with Traveling Teams to be our official hotel
coordinator. We believe that their low price guarantee and personalized
support service offer the best service to our teams. Here is how the process will work.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.3.
Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a
range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to
choose. They will also list the distance from Kettering Field for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their
website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay
at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel -
still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for
other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would
eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Dayton, so
that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations. 4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. Will be posted by October 1st. It is a very
simple process that will only take you a few minutes. 5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.6.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And
again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
- The City of Dayton will charge an admission fee. We don't know what it will be exactly but they are always very reasonable.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgeable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 15th.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.
- If you have any questions on this tournament, please contact us at Bill@fastpitchshowdowns.com.