The North American All Sanctioned World Series has sold out at 10U and 12U. Thank you for your support! If you are interested in being placed on the waitlist, please follow the instructions below -
Welcome to the information page for the North American All Sanctioned World Series for all 8u, 10u, and 12u teams!
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser.2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
3) Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Open to all sanctioned teams - ASA, USSSA, PONY, TRIPLE CROWN, NAFA, AAU, AFA, USFA, or any other recognized sanctioning body.
Are you tired of wondering all summer if you'll earn a World Series bid or if you know the right people? And then if you get a bid, you have to pay an exorbitant fee to enter (or an exorbitant admission charge) for a minimum number of games and play 1 game a day for 3 days while those hotel bills mount up? Well, so was I.
We use a format where each team will play a minimum of 5 games in 3 days. And you don't have to worry about qualifying as the only condition is that you finish in the top 10 of any tournament you were in this year or last year (ie - no rec. teams). Also, NO ADMISSION FEE IS CHARGED TO PARENTS OR FANS..... (the city of Columbus does collect a $5/day parking fee.) We had 190 teams last year! We sold out last year and hope to do the name in 2017!
Our goal is to make the tournament as fun as possible for the greatest number of players. So throughout the tournament, coaches can bat up to the entire lineup if they choose, and there is free substitution in the field in both pool and bracket play. This will make it possible for every girl on the team to enjoy the tournament. After pool play (in age groups with more than 16 teams participating), each pool will be divided into the top half and bottom half. All of the top half finishers will go into the Platinum Bracket and the bottom half finishers will go into the Gold Bracket. These two brackets will not meet. There will be medals and trophies for the winners of each bracket. That way even if the team did not do well in pool play they will have a chance to win their division. By following this format there will be no more 1st seeds playing 8th seeds in the first round of bracket play. Those games are not fun for either team.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
This year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA ! We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools", etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to do so.Your membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be good for 1 year. We think that you will find the membership so beneficial that you will renew your membership on your own the following year.
We will have the same amenities you'd expect at a World Series -
* Opening Ceremonies -- We welcome all teams that are participating in the tournament to be a part of the Opening Ceremonies. (Please note that participation is optional and at no cost to the team.) Opening Ceremonies will consist of a variety of events including a parade of teams and skill competitions. For logistical reasons, we request that teams pre-register for all Opening Ceremonies events. The Skill Competitions for 8U and 10U Teams ONLY will begin at 11:00AM. They will be finished by 1:30PM. "Because of the Logistics of putting nearly 2000 girls thru the skills competitions, and the fact we did not want players and parents sitting around for 2-3 hours waiting for their turn to do them, we have changed the time for their skills contests for the 8u and 10u players to before the parade of teams. The Parade of Teams for ALL TEAMS - 8U, 10U and 12U - will begin at 2:00PM. We ask all teams participating in the Parade to be at the fields by 1:30PM. The Skill Competitions for the 12U Teams ONLY will begin immediately following the Parade. Karaoke will be provided during the . All events , including the Parade of Teams, all Skills Competitions and All Star Games will be at Fields #10-13. Tournament Check-in for ALL TEAMS will begin immediately after the Parade of Teams. Check in will also be available beginning at 6:30AM on Friday morning at tournament headquarters (in the blue tents across from Field #7. In order to set up the Opening Ceremonies, the gates to the fields will not be open until 10:30AM. We ask all team participating in the Parade of Teams to be at the fields by 1:30PM. The concession stands will be available throughout opening ceremonies, but families are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy while watching the events.
Pin Trading - Pin Trading is fun! Don’t drop the ball! The Official Pin Trading Event will be open at Opening Ceremonies, and also near Registration during the tournament. All interested players are invited to stop by the tent at their convenience to exchange pins with members of other teams. (Please note, pin trading is optional). You are welcome to purchase pins wherever you wish. However, we have worked with and our official pin manufacturer is Dragonaire Pins.
· Gift Swaps - A World Series tradition, each team is encouraged to bring a small souvenir(s) from their local area or hometown to present to all players on the other team before the start of the first game. This is a chance to show pride in your hometown and simply something each player will have in order to remember this World Series experience. Please do not spend a lot of money on this (we recommend approximately $5-$7 per bag price range - but it is entirely up to you)! Expect the opposing team to have 15 players.
· Games - Other skill games will be available for the girls to participate in between games (ex. dunk tank, etc.). Also this year there will be a "Fastpitch Showdown Fun Zone" behind Headquarters to give the girls and their siblings a place to enjoy themselves between games. There are hula hoops, croquet, cornhole, ladderball, tug of war rope, individual jump ropes, team jump ropes, frisbees, horseshoes, and other playground toys for them to pass the time with. There is no cost to use anything in the Fun Zone.
Team Spirit Award - To enter the Team Spirit Competition, please submit a video (no longer than 1 minute) to the Fastpitch Showdowns Facebook page. Like us on Facebook. Then upload your video to our page. Please indicate your team name and age group. All submissions must be posted to Facebook by July 1st. Winning teams will receive a certificate at the Tournament.
Most Valuable Team Award -- Also again this year, MVT awards will be given to qualified teams per age group based on academic success and civic involvement. We truly believe there is more to softball than just winning games. All MVT applications must be submitted by July 1st. The winners in each age group who meet or exceed the MVT criteria will receive a certificate at the World Series and will be announced at the Parade of Teams.
· Souvenir Program - There will be a program for the World Series and all teams are invited to send their team picture and have it put in the program at no cost. Team photos must be submitted by June 21st to Bill Beckham via e-mail at email@example.com. Good luck ads are also available at a reasonable cost. Please submit your photos with the following qualifications:
So we welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament as an enjoyable and competitive tournament experience to end the season. But we also welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament in preparation for another World Series.
More Tournament Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - HOTEL POLICY FOR ALL COLUMBUS OHIO FASTPITCH SHOWDOWNS
Local Resources and Attractions