Fastpitch Showdowns is excited to announce that we will host a "Player Development Clinic" in 2016 before the 8U, 10U and 12U North American All Sanctioned World Series. The clinic will be held Thursday July 28th from approximately 9am to 1pm. This will be a fundamental, educational skills clinic taught by college players. The participants will see lots of ball in 4 hours. The college players will be teaching the participants the skill sets that they learned which helped them to one day play in college. Some of the skills that will be taught are as follows – hitting, bunting, slap bunting, base running and position-specific defense. The participants will finish the clinic in time to participate in the Opening Ceremonies.
Welcome to the information page for the North American All Sanctioned World Series for all 8u, 10u, and 12u teams!
We would like to announce that there will be All Star Games starting about 5:30PM on Thursday evening after the opening ceremonies. Each coach will be able to nominate up to 4 players from his team to participate in the All Stars game. There will be a nominal charge to participate in the games, but we think it will be fun for the girls to get to know and play with girls from some of the other teams in the tournament. Again we hope that this event makes the All Sanctioned World Series event more memorable for the girls. Click on the links below for more details.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser.2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
3) Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
NORTH AMERICAN ALL SANCTIONED WORLD SERIES 8U, 10U, 12U INFORMATION:
Open to all sanctioned teams - ASA, USSSA, PONY, TRIPLE CROWN, NAFA, AAU, AFA, USFA, or any other recognized sanctioning body.
Are you tired of wondering all summer if you'll earn a World Series bid or if you know the right people? And then if you get a bid, you have to pay an exorbitant fee to enter (or an exorbitant admission charge) for a minimum number of games and play 1 game a day for 3 days while those hotel bills mount up? Well, so was I.
We use a format where each team will play a minimum of 5 games in 3 days. And you don't have to worry about qualifying as the only condition is that you finish in the top 10 of any tournament you were in this year or last year (ie - no rec. teams). Also, no admission fee is charged to your fans..... (the city of Columbus does collect a minimal parking fee.) We had over 170 teams last year and we hope to have even more this year!
Our goal is to make the tournament as fun as possible for the greatest number of players. So throughout the tournament, coaches can bat up to the entire lineup if they choose, and there is free substitution in the field in both pool and bracket play. This will make it possible for every girl on the team to enjoy the tournament. After pool play (in age groups with more than 16 teams participating), each pool will be divided into the top half and bottom half. All of the top half finishers will go into the Platinum Bracket and the bottom half finishers will go into the Gold Bracket. These two brackets will not meet. There will be medals and trophies for the winners of each bracket. That way even if the team did not do well in pool play they will have a chance to win their division. By following this format there will be no more 1st seeds playing 8th seeds in the first round of bracket play. Those games are not fun for either team.
We will have the same amenities you'd expect at a World Series -
* Opening Ceremonies -- We welcome all teams that are participating in the tournament to be a part of the Opening Ceremonies. (Please note that participation is optional and at no cost to the team.) Opening Ceremonies will consist of a variety of events including a parade of teams and skill competitions. For logistical reasons, we request that teams pre-register for all Opening Ceremonies events. The Opening Ceremonies will start Thursday, July 28 at 2:00PM at Berliner Park. First we will do the Parade of Teams followed by the Skill Competitions. Karaoke will be provided during the . All events , including Tournament Check-in, will be at Fields #10-13. In order to set up the Opening Ceremonies, the gates to the fields will not be open until 1:30PM. We ask all team participating in the Parade of Teams to be at the fields by 1:30PM. The concession stands will be available throughout opening ceremonies, but families are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy while watching the events.
Pin Trading - Pin Trading is fun! Don’t drop the ball! The Official Pin Trading Event will be open at Opening Ceremonies, and also near Registration during the tournament. All interested players are invited to stop by the tent at their convenience to exchange pins with members of other teams. (Please note, pin trading is optional). You are welcome to purchase pins wherever you wish. However, we have worked with and our official pin manufacturer is Dragonaire Pins.
· Gift Swaps - A World Series tradition, each team is encouraged to bring a small souvenir(s) from their local area or hometown to present to all players on the other team before the start of the first game. This is a chance to show pride in your hometown and simply something each player will have in order to remember this World Series experience. Please do not spend a lot of money on this (we recommend approximately $5-$7 per bag price range - but it is entirely up to you)! Expect the opposing team to have 15 players.
· Games - Other skill games will be available for the girls to participate in between games (ex. dunk tank, etc.). Also this year there will be a "Fastpitch Showdown Fun Zone" behind Headquarters to give the girls and their siblings a place to enjoy themselves between games. There are hula hoops, croquet, cornhole, ladderball, tug of war rope, individual jump ropes, team jump ropes, tetherball, frisbees, horseshoes, and other playground toys for them to pass the time with. There is no cost to use anything in the Fun Zone
Team Spirit Award - To enter the Team Spirit Competition, please submit a video (no longer than 1 minute) to the Fastpitch Showdowns Facebook page. Like us on Facebook. Then upload your video to our page. Please indicate your team name and age group. All submissions must be posted to Facebook by July 13. Winning teams will receive a certificate at the Tournament.
Most Valuable Team Award -- Also again this year, MVT awards will be given to qualified teams per age group based on academic success and civic involvement. We truly believe there is more to softball than just winning games. All MVT applications must be submitted by July 13. The winners in each age group who meet or exceed the MVT criteria will receive a certificate at the World Series and will be announced at the Parade of Teams.
· Souvenir Program - There will be a program for the World Series and all teams are invited to send their team picture and have it put in the program at no cost. Team photos must be submitted by June 30 to Bill Beckham via e-mail at email@example.com. Good luck ads are also available at a reasonable cost. Please submit your photos with the following qualifications:
So we welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament as an enjoyable and competitive tournament experience to end the season. But we also welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament in preparation for another World Series.
More Tournament Information
Local Resources and Attractions