Welcome to the information page for the North American All Sanctioned World Series for all 16U, 18U, and 18+ teams!
Fastpitch Showdowns is excited to announce that we will again host a "Player Development and Recruiting Clinic" in 2017 before the North American All Sanctioned World Series for 16U, 18U and 18+. The clinic will be held Thursday July 13th from approximately 8am to 1pm. We will have college coaches and assistants in attendance to instruct the players on the skills that college coaches are looking for in potential recruits, followed in the afternoon by games coached by the college coaches (while still giving them instructions). This concept is being done in other parts of the country, and we are proud to offer it to the players in the Midwest. Players register to play a specific position in the Clinic. Space is limited by position. We will accept a maximum of 100 players in the Clinic - 24 @ Pitcher, 16 @ Catcher, 12 @ 1st Base, 12 @ 2nd Base, 12 @ Shortstop, 12 @ 3rd Base and 12 @ Outfield. For additional preliminary information on the Clinic, please go to our Player Development and Recruiting Clinic Page.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser.2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
3) Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
5) Scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Open to all sanctioned teams - ASA, USSSA, PONY, TRIPLE CROWN, NAFA, AAU, AFA, USFA, or any other recognized sanctioning body.
Are you tired of wondering all summer if you'll earn a World Series bid or if you know the right people? And then if you get a bid, you have to pay an exorbitant fee to enter (or an exorbitant admission charge) for a minimum number of games and play 1 game a day for 3 days while those hotel bills mount up? Well, so was I.
We use a format where each team will play a minimum of 5 games in 3 days (18+ Saturday and Sunday only.). And you don't have to worry about qualifying as the only condition is that you finish in the top 10 of any tournament you were in this year or last year (ie - no rec. teams). Also, NO ADMISSION FEE IS CHARGED TO PARENTS OR FANS..... (the city of Columbus does collect a $5/day parking fee.) Last year, we had over 100 teams at 16u and over 50 teams at 18u that enjoyed our tournament.
Although this tournament is not oriented specifically towards college recruiting, because of the number of teams that participate in the tournament, college coaches always attend. Usually we have many college coaches throughout the weekend. The exact number of college coaches will depend on how many players in the tournament contact college coaches of the schools they are interested in and invite them to come watch their team play. At the college coaches' request, this year we are going to compile a player profile book for the college coaches in attendance. Although it is not a requirement of the tournament, we certainly encourage all players who are possibly interested in playing in college to submit this form. Because the college coaches want the most current information available, this for will be posted on June 1st. There is not cost to be listed in the book. The form takes about 2 minutes to fill out and may be completed by individual players, coaches or managers.
Our goal is to make the tournament as fun as possible for the greatest number of players. So throughout the tournament, coaches can bat up to the entire lineup if they choose, and there is free substitution in the field in both pool and bracket play. This will make it possible for every girl on the team to enjoy the tournament. After pool play, each pool will be divided into the top half and bottom half. All of the top half finishers will go into the Platinum Bracket and the bottom half finishers will go into the Gold Bracket. These two brackets will not meet. There will be medals and trophies for the winners of each bracket. That way even if the team did not do well in pool play they will have a chance to win their division. By following this format there will be no more 1st seeds playing 8th seeds in the first round of bracket play. Those games are not fun for either team.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
This year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA ! We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools", etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to do so.Your membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be good for 1 year. We think that you will find the membership so beneficial that you will renew your membership on your own the following year.
We will have the same amenities you'd expect at a World Series -
* Opening Ceremonies -- We welcome all teams that are participating in the tournament to be a part of the Opening Ceremonies. (Please note that participation is optional and at no cost to the team.) Opening Ceremonies will consist of a variety of events including a parade of teams and skill competitions. For logistical reasons, we request that teams pre-register for all Opening Ceremonies events. The Opening Ceremonies will start Thursday, July 13 at 2:00PM at Berliner Park. The Parade of Teams will start at 2:00PM followed by the Skill Competitions and All Star Games will start at approximately 5:30PM. Opening Ceremonies, Parade of Teams and Skills Competitions will be at Fields #10-13. Tournament Check-in will also be at Field #10-13 following the Parade of Teams. The fields for the All Star Games are still being determined. In order to set up the Opening Ceremonies, the gates to the fields will not be open until 1:00PM. We ask all team participating in the Parade of Teams to be at the fields by 2:00PM. The concession stand will be available throughout opening ceremonies, but families are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy while watching the events. There will be no tournament games on Thursday. Tournament games will begin at 8:00AM on Friday.
Pin Trading - Pin Trading is fun! Don’t drop the ball!The Official Pin Trading Event will be open at Opening Ceremonies, and also near Registration during the tournament. All interested players are invited to stop by the tent at their convenience to exchange pins with members of other teams. (Please note, pin trading is optional). You are welcome to purchase pins wherever you wish. However, we have worked with and our official pin manufacturer is Dragonaire Pins.
· Gift Swaps - A World Series tradition, each team is encouraged to bring a small souvenir(s) from their local area or hometown to present to all players on the other team before the start of the first game. This is a chance to show pride in your hometown and simply something each player will have in order to remember this World Series experience. Please do not spend a lot of money on this (we recommend approximately $5-$7 per bag price range - but it is entirely up to you)! Expect the opposing team to have 15 players.
Team Spirit Award - To enter the Team Spirit Competition, please submit a video (no longer than 1 minute) to the Fastpitch Showdowns Facebook page. Like us on Facebook. Then upload your video to our page. Please indicate your team name and age group. All submissions must be posted to Facebook by July 1st. Winning teams will receive a certificate at the Tournament.
Most Valuable Team Award -- Also again this year, MVT awards will be given to qualified teams per age group based on academic success and civic involvement. We truly believe there is more to softball than just winning games. All MVT applications must be submitted by July 1st. The winners in each age group who meet or exceed the MVT criteria will receive a certificate at the World Series.
· Souvenir Program - There will be a program for the World Series and all teams are invited to send their team picture and have it put in the program at no cost. Team photos must be submitted by June 21 to Bill Beckham via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck ads are also available at a reasonable cost. Please submit your photos with the following qualifications:
So we welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament as an enjoyable and competitive tournament experience to end the season. But we also welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament in preparation for another World Series.
· The City of Columbus and Berliner Park have a "Heads in Beds" program for all of their tournaments - Baseball, Fastpitch and Adult Softball. They are doing it to more accurately reflect the number of visitors and participants they have in their various events, and the economic impact they have on the city. They use this information, and other information, in determining their funding from the City for improvements to the Park. The gathering of the proper information DIRECTLY affects the cost of the fields for us, which DIRECTLY affects the cost of your entry fee. To keep the entry fees at a minimum, the following is required --
· All teams (except local teams - those within a 70 mile radius of the park) must go through their approved travel partner - Team Inn - to book their lodging in order to participate in the tournament. This is a different travel coordinator from 2016 and the City of Columbus and Berliner Park feel that Team Inn will be better able to help the out of town teams. Team Inn eliminates all of the hassles that team managers endure when making hotel arrangements. They completely eliminate the time that comes with looking for the right hotels, seeking hotel availability, and the negotiation process. Along with all of that, they guarantee the best available group rate for the same type of room and accommodation to all participating teams. On their web site they have a list of over 25 hotels, with varying prices and accommodations. So you are almost sure to find one that fits your needs. But if you have specific hotel in mind that is not listed, please contact Kim at Team Inn - 440-539-4738.
A local team is considered to be
within a 70 mile radius to the tournament fields. If you fall within that
guideline, please confirm that with Team Inn. That information goes back to the
City of Columbus for proper tracking purposes.
· To book a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
· Booking team hotel rooms through Team Inn is a requirement of our contract with the City of Columbus. Any non-local team that does not abide by this requirement will not be permitted to participate in the tournament by the City of Columbus and will be removed from the tournament.
Local Resources and Attractions