NORTH AMERICAN ALL SANCTIONED WORLD SERIES JULY 17-19, 2015
Welcome to the information page for the North American All Sanctioned World Series for all 16U, 18U, and 18+ teams!
******* NEW AS OF 1/25 ********* Fastpitch Showdowns is happy to announce that the Akron Racers professional softball team ( NPF) will be playing a regular-season game July 18 at Berliner Park in Columbus Ohio, immediately after the pool play ends for Saturday evening. They will be facing the Dallas Charge, the new team in the league this year. The teams entered into the tournament will be given a special discount on team tickets – details to follow around the beginning of March. This will make the tournament a bit more special for the girls, and will allow the girls to enjoy a professional softball game and make their World Series experience a little more memorable.
********** NEW INFORMATION AS OF 12/30/14*******
Fastpitch Showdowns is excited to announce that we will host a "Player Development and Recruiting Clinic" in 2015 before the North American All Sanctioned World Series for 16U, 18U and 18+. The clinic will be held Thursday July 16th from approximately 9am to 5pm. We will have over 25 college coaches and assistants in attendance to instruct the players on the skills that college coaches are looking for in potential recruits, followed in the afternoon by actual games coached by the college coaches (while still giving them instructions). This concept is being done in other parts of the country, and we are proud to offer it to the players in the Midwest. Players register to play a specific position in the Clinic. Space is limited by position. We will accept a maximum of 160 players in the Clinic - 32 @ Pitcher, 16 @ Catcher, 16 @ 1st Base, 16 @ 2nd Base, 16 @ Shortstop, 16 @ 3rd Base and 48 @ Outfield. Registration information and registration link will be posted approximately February 1st. Colleges sending coaches as instructors will be posted approximately March 1st and will be updated as additional schools confirm. For additional preliminary information on the Clinic, please go to our Player Development and Recruiting Clinic Page.
Open to all sanctioned teams - ASA, USSSA, PONY, TRIPLE CROWN, NAFA, AAU, AFA, USFA, or any other recognized sanctioning body.
Are you tired of wondering all summer if you'll earn a World Series bid or if you know the right people? And then if you get a bid, you have to pay an exorbitant fee to enter (or an exorbitant admission charge) for a minimum number of games and play 1 game a day for 3 days while those hotel bills mount up? Well, so was I.
We use a format where each team will play a minimum of 5 games in 3 days (18+ Saturday and Sunday only.). And you don't have to worry about qualifying as the only condition is that you finish in the top 10 of any tournament you were in this year or last year (ie - no rec. teams). Also, no admission fee is charged to your fans..... (the city of Columbus does collect a minimal parking fee.) Last year, we had over 100 teams at 16u and over 50 teams at 18u that enjoyed our tournament.
We will have the same amenities you'd expect at a World Series -
* Opening Ceremonies -- We welcome all teams that are participating in the tournament to be a part of the Opening Ceremonies. (Please note that participation is optional and at no cost to the team.) Opening Ceremonies will consist of a variety of events including a parade of teams and skill competitions. For logistical reasons, we request that teams pre-register for all Opening Ceremonies events. The Opening Ceremonies will start Friday, July 17 at 8:30 AM at Berliner Park. The Parade of Teams will start at 8:30 AM followed by the Skill Competitions. Karaoke will be provided during the . All events , including Tournament Check-in, will be at Fields #10-13. In order to set up the Opening Ceremonies, the gates to the fields will not be open until 7:30AM. We ask all team participating in the Parade of Teams to be at the fields by 8:00AM. The concession stand will be available throughout opening ceremonies, but families are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy while watching the events. Games will start immediately following the completion of the skills competitions. (Approximately at 12 noon).
Pin Trading - The Official Pin Trading Event will be open at Opening Ceremonies, and also near Registration during the tournament. All interested players are invited to stop by the tent at their convenience to exchange pins with members of other teams. (Please note, pin trading is optional). You are welcome to purchase pins wherever you wish. However, we have worked with and our official pin manufacturer is Dragonaire Pins.
· Gift Swaps - A World Series tradition, each team is encouraged to bring a small souvenir(s) from their local area or hometown to present to all players on the other team before the start of the first game. This is a chance to show pride in your hometown and simply something each player will have in order to remember this World Series experience. Please do not spend a lot of money on this (we recommend approximately $5-$7 per bag price range - but it is entirely up to you)! Expect the opposing team to have 15 players.
· Games - Other skill games will be available for the girls to participate in between games (ex. dunk tank, etc.)
· - More than 200 Midwestern college coaches from all divisions will be invited to attend.
Team Spirit Award - To enter the Team Spirit Competition, please submit a video (no longer than 1 minute) to the Fastpitch Showdowns Facebook page. Like us on Facebook. Then upload your video to our page. Please indicate your team name and age group. All submissions must be posted to Facebook by July 13. Winning teams will receive a certificate at the Tournament.
Most Valuable Team Award -- Also again this year, MVT awards will be given to qualified teams per age group based on academic success and civic involvement. We truly believe there is more to softball than just winning games. All MVT applications must be submitted by July 13. The winners in each age group who meet or exceed the MVT criteria will receive a certificate at the World Series and will be announced at the Parade of Teams.
· Souvenir Program - There will be a program for the World Series and all teams are invited to send their team picture and have it put in the program at no cost. Team photos must be submitted by June 30 to Bill Beckham via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck ads are also available at a reasonable cost. Please submit your photos with the following qualifications:
So we welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament as an enjoyable and competitive tournament experience to end the season. But we also welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament in preparation for another World Series.
Tournament Information -
The City of Columbus and Berliner Park have implemented a new "Heads in Beds" program in 2015 for their Baseball, Fastpitch, and Adult Softball tournaments. They are doing it to more accurately reflect the number of visitors and participants they have in their various events, and the economic impact they have on the City. They use this information, and other information, in determining their funding from the City for improvements to the Park. They experimented with it last year, and there were numerous delays for many of the teams at registration as we had to get the correct information for them. This year the gathering of the proper information DIRECTLY affects the cost of the fields for us, which DIRECTLY affects the cost of your entry fee. To keep the entry fees at a minimum, we are going to do the following --
ALL TEAMS will use our team travel coordinator group, Traveling Teams, to work with all teams that are coming from out of town. If you are coming from out of town, you will be required to book through the coordinator, but you can stay wherever you would like. If you are local team ( within 70 miles ), you just have to tell them. They will keep track of all the information that Columbus requires. To book your hotel, please click here. The process will work like this --
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.
2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.
3. Their website will have 15-20 hotels listed when we first start, with a range of prices and accommodations for each tournament from which to choose. They will also list the distance from Berliner Park for each hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel - still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would eventually like to get to approximately 30 or more hotels for each tournament in Columbus, so that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations.
5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.
6. Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the tournaments from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. But for everyone it will keep the cost of the tournaments at a reasonable level. And again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the guaranteed lowest price.
Thanks again for your understanding and patience as we implement the Columbus "Heads in Beds" program.
Local Resources and Attractions