NORTH AMERICAN ALL SANCTIONED WORLD SERIES JULY 17-19, 2015
Welcome to the information page for the North American All Sanctioned World Series for all 16U, 18U, and 18+ teams!
******* NEW AS OF 1/25 ********* Fastpitch Showdowns is happy to announce that the Akron Racers professional softball team ( NPF) will be playing a regular-season game July 18 at Berliner Park in Columbus Ohio, immediately after the pool play ends for Saturday evening. They will be facing the Dallas Charge, the new team in the league this year. The teams entered into the tournament will be given a special discount on team tickets – details to follow around the beginning of March. This will make the tournament a bit more special for the girls, and will allow the girls to enjoy a professional softball game and make their World Series experience a little more memorable.
********** NEW INFORMATION AS OF 12/30/14*******
Fastpitch Showdowns is excited to announce that we will host a "Player Development and Recruiting Clinic" in 2015 before the North American All Sanctioned World Series for 16U, 18U and 18+. The clinic will be held Thursday July 16th from approximately 9am to 5pm. We will have over 25 college coaches and assistants in attendance to instruct the players on the skills that college coaches are looking for in potential recruits, followed in the afternoon by actual games coached by the college coaches (while still giving them instructions). This concept is being done in other parts of the country, and we are proud to offer it to the players in the Midwest. Players register to play a specific position in the Clinic. Space is limited by position. We will accept a maximum of 160 players in the Clinic - 32 @ Pitcher, 16 @ Catcher, 16 @ 1st Base, 16 @ 2nd Base, 16 @ Shortstop, 16 @ 3rd Base and 48 @ Outfield. Registration information and registration link will be posted approximately February 1st. Colleges sending coaches as instructors will be posted approximately March 1st and will be updated as additional schools confirm. For additional preliminary information on the Clinic, please go to our Player Development and Recruiting Clinic Page.
Open to all sanctioned teams - ASA, USSSA, PONY, TRIPLE CROWN, NAFA, AAU, AFA, USFA, or any other recognized sanctioning body.
Are you tired of wondering all summer if you'll earn a World Series bid or if you know the right people? And then if you get a bid, you have to pay an exorbitant fee to enter (or an exorbitant admission charge) for a minimum number of games and play 1 game a day for 3 days while those hotel bills mount up? Well, so was I.
We use a format where each team will play a minimum of 5 games in 3 days (18+ Saturday and Sunday only.). And you don't have to worry about qualifying as the only condition is that you finish in the top 10 of any tournament you were in this year or last year (ie - no rec. teams). Also, no admission fee is charged to your fans..... (the city of Columbus does collect a minimal parking fee.) Last year, we had over 100 teams at 16u and over 50 teams at 18u that enjoyed our tournament.
We will have the same amenities you'd expect at a World Series -
* Opening Ceremonies -- We welcome all teams that are participating in the tournament to be a part of the Opening Ceremonies. (Please note that participation is optional and at no cost to the team.) Opening Ceremonies will consist of a variety of events including a parade of teams and skill competitions. For logistical reasons, we request that teams pre-register for all Opening Ceremonies events. The Opening Ceremonies will start Friday, July 17 at 8:30 AM at Berliner Park. The Parade of Teams will start at 8:30 AM followed by the Skill Competitions. Karaoke will be provided during the . All events , including Tournament Check-in, will be at Fields #10-13. In order to set up the Opening Ceremonies, the gates to the fields will not be open until 7:30AM. We ask all team participating in the Parade of Teams to be at the fields by 8:00AM. The concession stand will be available throughout opening ceremonies, but families are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy while watching the events. Games will start immediately following the completion of the skills competitions. (Approximately at 12 noon).
Pin Trading - The Official Pin Trading Event will be open at Opening Ceremonies, and also near Registration during the tournament. All interested players are invited to stop by the tent at their convenience to exchange pins with members of other teams. (Please note, pin trading is optional). You are welcome to purchase pins wherever you wish. However, we have worked with and our official pin manufacturer is Dragonaire Pins.
· Gift Swaps - A World Series tradition, each team is encouraged to bring a small souvenir(s) from their local area or hometown to present to all players on the other team before the start of the first game. This is a chance to show pride in your hometown and simply something each player will have in order to remember this World Series experience. Please do not spend a lot of money on this (we recommend approximately $5-$7 per bag price range - but it is entirely up to you)! Expect the opposing team to have 15 players.
· Games - Other skill games will be available for the girls to participate in between games (ex. dunk tank, etc.)
· - More than 200 Midwestern college coaches from all divisions will be invited to attend.
Team Spirit Award - To enter the Team Spirit Competition, please submit a video (no longer than 1 minute) to the Fastpitch Showdowns Facebook page. Like us on Facebook. Then upload your video to our page. Please indicate your team name and age group. All submissions must be posted to Facebook by July 13. Winning teams will receive a certificate at the Tournament.
Most Valuable Team Award -- Also again this year, MVT awards will be given to qualified teams per age group based on academic success and civic involvement. We truly believe there is more to softball than just winning games. All MVT applications must be submitted by July 13. The winners in each age group who meet or exceed the MVT criteria will receive a certificate at the World Series and will be announced at the Parade of Teams.
· Souvenir Program - There will be a program for the World Series and all teams are invited to send their team picture and have it put in the program at no cost. Team photos must be submitted by June 30 to Bill Beckham via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck ads are also available at a reasonable cost. Please submit your photos with the following qualifications:
So we welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament as an enjoyable and competitive tournament experience to end the season. But we also welcome the teams who wish to use this tournament in preparation for another World Series.
Tournament Information -
of Columbus and Berliner Park have implemented a new "Heads in Beds"
program in 2015 for their Baseball, Fastpitch, and Adult Softball tournaments.
They are doing it to more accurately reflect the number of visitors and
participants they have in their various events, and the economic impact they
have on the city. They use this information, and other information, in
determining their funding from the City for improvements to the Park. They
experimented with it last year, and there were numerous delays for many of the
teams at registration as we had to get the correct information for them. This
year the gathering of the proper information DIRECTLY affects the cost of the
fields for us, which DIRECTLY affects the cost of your entry fee. To keep the entry
fees at a minimum, we are going to do the following --
We are happy to introduce our new partnership with Traveling Teams. They will be assisting all out of town teams with hotel lodging. Our new partnership entails that all teams must use their service in order to compete in the event. Traveling Teams eliminates all of the hassles that team managers endure when making hotel arrangements. They completely eliminate the time that comes with looking for the right hotels, seeking hotel availability, and the negotiation process. Along with all of that, they guarantee the best availabile group rate to all participating teams.
A local team is considered to be within a 70 mile radius to the tournament fields. If you fall within that guideline, please confirm that with Traveling Teams. That information goes back into tournaments hands for proper tracking purposes.
To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
After you have submitted your request, a team travel coordinator will get back with you further discuss your request.
Due to the increase in the amount of teams we have entering into the tournament, we feel Traveling Teams will be the best fit to help alleviate all of the headaches that come with booking hotels. Especially for the teams that are new to the tournament and new to traveling. The best part of this partnership will save you hours of time and money.
Thank you again for your understanding and patience as we implement the Columbus "Heads in Beds" program. We look forward to the 2015 Fastpitch Showcase season!
Local Resources and Attractions