All-Star Games DetailsAll Star Game Day Instructions - Tentative Instructions. Final instructions will be emailed out to confirmed All Stars.
• The All-Star games will take place at Berliner Park and will start on Thursday, July 13 at approximately 5:30PM. Specific field assignments will not be made until one week before the tournament. The All Star Games will be coached by college coaches. While college coaches will certainly be in attendance, the purpose of the All Star games is that the girls will have a more enjoyable World Series experience, and at the same time have a chance to meet and enjoy the opportunity of playing with players from other teams who love the game of softball. In the past many lifelong friendships have been formed.
• Because the tournament has over 180 teams, coaches of each team can nominate up to 4 players. First nominees will be placed first, then second nominees and so on. If your player is selected and is not able to play, you will not replace that player with another nominee from your team. That position goes back into the pool of applicants to be awarded. We realize that will be difficult for the travel ball coaches to select, but we have limited fields. We feel you know your players better than we do, and wanted it to be fair to every team.
• Each All-Star team will consist of a maximum of 12 players - 3 pitchers, 2 catchers, 1 first baseman, 1 second baseman, 1 shortstop, 1 3rd baseman and 3 outfielders. Each pitcher will pitch approximately 2-3 innings, each catcher will catch approximately half the game, and each other position will play the entire game. All players will bat unless they choose not to. Nominees should apply to one of the above positions and will not switch positions during the game. All-star teams will be grouped based on graduation year if submissions allow.
• Nominees will be selected first on graduating year, and then based on fielding position. Nominees will then be selected based on softball accomplishments as well as school and non - school related activities, including appropriate weight given to their GPA.
• The cost for each player involved in the All-Star games will be $50 and includes an All Star team jersey to be worn during the All Star game. Please do not send in any money with the nominations. Nominations will only be accepted by filling out the form below by June 22nd. The accepted nominees will be notified by July 3rd (NOT BEFORE) and will have until July 7th to accept their nominations and pay their fee, or decline the nomination. The nominees that were not accepted will also be notified by July 3rd (NOT BEFORE).
• Another advantage of the games is that it gives the girls a chance to meet and play with girls from different states and other teams. They will find out that these girls are not “the enemy” but rather just other girls that have the same interests as they do. Perhaps they will even play in college together!