- Motor City Showdown Schedule - This schedule is preliminary. The final schedule will be in the coach's packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Motor City Showdown Pools - These pools are preliminary. The final pools will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Motor City Showdown Brackets - These brackets will reflect what is posted at Headquarters. A bracket will be labeled Final once every pool play game for an age group has finished. The final brackets will also be posted at headquarters.
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Welcome to the Motor
July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
Come join us for some fun and lots of softball over the weekend! And it will be at one of the nicest complexes in the state of Michigan.
As with all Fastpitch Showdowns, the pool play games will be 90 minutes long so you get a realistic chance to finish the game or at least get the feel for a full game. And with each team getting a minimum of 6 games, there will be plenty of enjoyable softball going on. Each team will play 5 games of pool play on Friday and Saturday and depending on how your team did in pool play, each team will be seeded into either the "A" or "B" single elimination tournament on Sunday.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Motor City Showdown Format - All
teams will play 5 pool games. Each team will then be seeded in bracket
play depending on their record. In age groups with 8 or more teams, the top half of each pool
will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination
tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold
division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These
brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All
teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in
the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the
opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
- Motor City Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Motor City Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. The final copy of
the rules will be in the coach's packet that must be picked up at
headquarters before the tournament begins.
- There will be an admission charge of $5/day or $12 for the weekend.
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
Paramount College Showcase - Paramount Scouting Bureau began
holding showcases in 1997 to offer student-athletes a better understanding of
the recruiting process and additional exposure to college coaches. Each event
offers professional instruction and evaluations by current and former college
coaches, along with informative sessions on the college recruiting process. We
evaluate each athlete
for running speed, fielding, throwing, pitching, catching, batting. After the showcase, each player receives
a written evaluation of her performance.
Paramount Scouting Bureau then makes the showcase evaluations available
to every college softball coach across the country. For more information, please contact Paramount directly at 724-514-6797 or
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
as in every previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and
pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the
tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and
you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.