June 10, 11 and 12, 2016
Congratulations to the 2016 Mountaineer Showdown Winners!Championship Game Results -
10u - W.V Blast beat Diamond Chix
12u Platinum- Flamin' Fury beat Ohio Bulldawgs Elite
12u Gold- Cap City Force beat Ohio Lady Bombers
14u Platinum- Diamond Express beat Cincy Magic
14u Gold- The Lightning beat WV Wildfire
16u Platinum- Team Pennsylvania beat Ohio Championship Fury
16u Gold- Diamond Express beat Aftershock
18u Platinum- Pride Elite WV beat Ohio Bulldawgs
18u Gold- Lancaster Pride beat Diamond Hit Club
Thank you for all of your support! We are currently SOLD OUT at all age groups. If you are interested in being put on the waiting list for any other age group, please let Bill know at email@example.com. Please indicate the age group and tournament that your are interested in as part of your email.
We are looking forward to working with Tom, Mickey, and all the other hard-working volunteers at Godbey fields. The field crew does a great job and they are all volunteer positions. So we invite you to come out , play some good softball that weekend, and reward all their efforts to make Godbey fields the best fields around.
The tournament will be a 5 game guarantee for 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U teams and a 4 game guarantee for 10U teams, so all the girls get lots of
ball. And all pool play games will be 90 minutes in length so all the teams can
finish, or come close to finishing, their games. And the coaches are allowed to bat up to their entire lineup and there is free substitution in the field.
So there will be lots of softball in Parkersburg that weekend and we invite you to come join the fun.
- Mountaineer Showdown Schedule - This
schedule is preliminary. The final schedule will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Mountaineer Showdown Pools - These pools are preliminary. The final pools will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Mountaineer Showdwon Brackets - These brackets are preliminary. Final brackets will be posted at headquarters at the conclusion of pool play.
- DON GODBEY MEMORIAL FIELDS 1600 GIHON RD. PARKERSBURG, WV 26102
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Mountaineer Showdown Format - All teams will play 4 pool games (except 10U who will play 3 pool play games). Each team will then be seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8 or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
- Mountaineer Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Mountaineer Showdown Rules
- These are the rules from last year's tournament. They will be substantively the same. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
year we have partnered with Traveling Teams to be our official hotel
coordinator. We believe that their low price guarantee and personalized 24/7
support service offer the best service to our teams. To book your hotel rooms through Traveling Teams, please click here. Link will be posted by October 1st. Here is how the process will work.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.3.
Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a
range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to
choose. They will also list the distance from Don Godbey Memorial Fields for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their
website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay
at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel -
still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for
other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would
eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Parkersburg, so
that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations. 4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very
simple process that will only take you a few minutes. 5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.6.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And
again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
- This is an ASA Tournament. If you do not already have it, ASA Registration is available on site for $30 and is good for all of your ASA tournaments for the rest of the 2016 season. It is a simple process and takes about 3 minutes.
- A PARKING CHARGE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE FIELDS. $6/car for a day pass or $12/car for a weekend pass.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 15th.
- If, as in the previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.