June 12, 13 and 14, 2015
MOUNTAINEER SHOWDOWN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME RESULTS
10 AND UNDER - WV POWER DEFEATED DIAMOND EXPRESS
12 AND UNDER PLATINUM - DIAMOND EXPRESS DEFEATED OHIO STORM '03
12 AND UNDER GOLD - VIKINGS ELITE 11U DEFEATED VIKINGS ELITE '02
14 AND UNDER PLATINUM - DIAMOND CHIX DEFEATED DIAMOND EXPRESS
14 AND UNDER GOLD - MOV FLAMIN FURY DEFEATED OHIO CHAMPIONSHIP FURY
16 AND UNDER PLATINUM - DIAMOND EXPRESS DEFEATED THE SPRINGFIELD BANDITS
16 AND UNDER GOLD - GRAND RIVER STYX DEFEATED OHIO CHAMPIONSHIP FURY
18 AND UNDER PLATINUM - VALLEY FORCE DEFEATED OFC HEAT
18 AND UNDER GOLD - RAMPAGE DEFEATED OHIO HIGH VOLTAGE
are the final brackets from the Mountaineer Showdown. These are
informational purposes only. These are the results as they were
reported to us as of 6pm on Sunday. Due to the fact that we are in the
middle of our tournament season, no brackets will be changed for
any reason. We apologize if there are any mistakes. Thanks for your
- Mountaineer Showdown Schedule - This schedule is preliminary. The final schedule will be in the coach's packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Mountaineer Showdown Pools - These pools are preliminary. The final pools will be in the coach's
packet that will be picked up at registration.
- Preliminary Brackets - The brackets below are the
preliminary brackets. All final brackets will be posted at the fields
upon the completion of the last game in each pool. Final brackets will
be posted on our Web site one hour after the completion of the last game
in each pool.
- 10 & Under
- 12 & Under Platinum
- 12 & Under Gold
- 14 & Under Platinum
- 14 & Under Gold
- 16 & Under Platinum
- 16 & Under Gold
- 18 & Under Platinum
- 18 & Under Gold
- DON GODBEY MEMORIAL FIELDS 1600 GIHON RD. PARKERSBURG, WV 26102
- We are pleased to offer free text/email alerts
to all coaches, parents, fans and players. To sign up for free
tournament and weather updates, please go to fastpitchshowdowns.ealert.com then follow these instructions. Standard text and data rates apply.
1) Click the link above or copy and paste it in your browser. 2) Click on the Subscribe tab.
Then click on the empty box next to your tournament(s).
4) Leave the "All Teams" box checked.
to the bottom of the page and fill out your name, email(s) and/or cell
phone number. Then select your cellphone provider.
6) Click "Subscribe". That's it! You will not receive a message from us until the night before or the morning of the first day of the tournament.
Thanks to the teams that entered,
the Mountaineer 5 Game Guarantee Showdown has sold out at all age groups. If you are interested in being put on the waiting list, please
at email@example.com. Please indicate which tournament and what age group you are interested in. Thank
you for your support.
We are looking forward to working with Tom, Mickey, and all the other hard-working volunteers at Godbey fields. The field crew does a great job and they are all volunteer positions. So we invite you to come out , play some good softball that weekend, and reward all their efforts to make Godbey fields the best fields around.
The tournament will be a 5 game guarantee for 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U teams and a 4 game guarantee for 10U teams, so all the girls get lots of
ball. And all pool play games will be 90 minutes in length so all the teams can
finish, or come close to finishing, their games.
So there will be lots of softball in Parkersburg that weekend and we invite you to come join the fun.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Mountaineer Showdown Format - All teams will play 4 pool games (except 10U who will play 3 pool play games). Each team will then be seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8 or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
- Mountaineer Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
discount to all first time NFCA Members. Please click here to download membership form. Membership form MUST be mailed to Fastpitch Showdowns
with your entry form for discount to apply. Discount will be applied to one tournament during the 2014 season.
- Mountaineer Showdown Rules
- These are the tentative rules for the tournament. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
year we have partnered with Traveling Teams to be our official hotel
coordinator. Although you are not obligated to use them to book your
hotels, we believe that their low price guarantee and personalized 24/7
support service offer the best service to our teams. To book your hotel rooms, please click here. Here is how the process will work.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.3.
Their website will have 8-12 hotels listed when we first start, with a
range of prices and accommodations for each tournament from which to
choose. They will also list the distance from Don Godbey Memorial Fields for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their
website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay
at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel -
still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for
other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would
eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Parkersburg, so
that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations. 4. You can make the reservations directly on the Internet through TRAVELING TEAMS WEB SITE, or if you prefer the travel coordinator will gladly take your call.5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.6.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And
again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
- This is an ASA Tournament. If you do not already have it, ASA Registration is available on site for $30 and is good for all of your ASA tournaments for the rest of the 2015 season. It is a simple process and takes about 3 minutes.
- Recruiting Tools
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Want your games filmed? CaptainU can film your
games at the tournament! Click here to learn more and to register. Any footage can be
edited into a 3-5 minute highlight video! If you have any
questions on filming, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A PARKING CHARGE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE FIELDS. $5/car for a day pass or $12/car for a weekend pass.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month through June 1st.
- If the tournament sells out as it did in 2014, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.