June 9, 10 and 11, 2017
Happy to announce that registration is now open. Please go to the registration link on this page to register.
We are looking forward to working with Tom, Mickey, and all the other hard-working volunteers at Godbey fields. The field crew does a great job and they are all volunteer positions. So we invite you to come out , play some good softball that weekend, and reward all their efforts to make Godbey fields the best fields around.
The tournament will be a 5 game guarantee for 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U teams and a 4 game guarantee for 10U teams, so all the girls get lots of
ball. And all pool play games will be 90 minutes in length so all the teams can
finish, or come close to finishing, their games. And the coaches are allowed to bat up to their entire lineup and there is free substitution in the field.
So there will be lots of softball in Parkersburg that weekend and we invite you to come join the fun.
*********** EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2017 *************
year we're very excited to announce something new for all Fastpitch Showdown
tournaments. This year we have reached an agreement with the National Fastpitch
Coaches Association (NFCA) to offer all coaches (at 8U, 10U,
12U, 14U and 16U) who sign up for a Fastpitch Showdowns tournament before April 1st and who are not
already NFCA members, a complimentary one-year trial membership in NFCA !
We feel the NFCA is by far the best organization working to grow softball, and
the benefits of a membership are many (click here for a list of benefits). Most
importantly, we feel the many opportunities they offer to make you a better
coach – drills, educational videos and books, instructional manuals, monthly
tips, practice plans, coaches clinics, exclusive "Coaching Tools",
etc. – will help grow the sport of softball in our area, and make your
experience as a coach more effective and more enjoyable. As a coach you are a
teacher first, and they offer the knowledge and experience for you to continue
to grow. It is up to you to take advantage of what they offer, but we wanted to
give all of the coaches that participate in our tournaments the opportunity to
membership will be activated during the first 2 weeks of the month
following your Fastpitch Showdown Tournament registration and will be
good for 1 year. We think that you will find the membership so beneficial that you will renew your membership on your own the following year.
- DON GODBEY MEMORIAL FIELDS 1600 GIHON RD. PARKERSBURG, WV 26102
- Mountaineer Showdown Format - All teams will play 4 pool games (except 10U who will play 3 pool play games). Each team will then be seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8 or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
- All Registrations and payments must be done online. We no longer accept mail in payments or registrations.
- To register, please click on the link above
After you have logged in, click Begin Registration.Then click on your name.Select your desired tournament.Select your age group.Click Select to confirm your choiceClick Team ContactRead and agree to Terms of Service
- If this is your first Fastpitch Showdown registration for 2017, you must create an account.
- If you already have an account, please log in.
information should populate on the next page. Please scroll to the
bottom and enter your team name as you want it listed. Then click
continue.Verify information and click continue.If you would like to register for additional tournaments at this time, click Add Registration and repeat steps 3-10.Once you have completed your registrations, click Checkout.You
can then either pay the registration fees in full at this time or put
down a deposit of $100 per tournament (balance due May 1st).
If you wish to pay in full at this time, click Next.
If you wish to put down a deposit at this time, click Pay Partial and enter $100 per tournament. Then click Next.Currently we are accepting payments by Visa and Mastercard only. Fill out the payment information and click Submit Payment.You will see a confirmation page and you will also receive an email confirming your registration.
- Mountaineer Showdown Rules
- These are the rules from last year's tournament. They will be substantively the same. Final rules will
be in the coach's packet which must picked up at registration at the
start of the tournament.
year we have partnered with Traveling Teams to be our official hotel
coordinator. We believe that their low price guarantee and personalized 24/7
support service offer the best service to our teams. To book your hotel rooms through Traveling Teams, please click here. Here is how the process will work.
1. First of all there is no additional cost to you.2. You will be guaranteed the lowest rate available, either through the hotel or on the Internet.3.
Their website should have 8-12 hotels listed with a
range of prices and accommodations for each team from which to
choose. They will also list the distance from Don Godbey Memorial Fields for each
hotel. If you don't see anything you like, there is a listing on their
website that will enable you to pick the hotel you would like to stay
at, and they will try to make the reservations for you at that hotel -
still negotiating a low rate. Then as teams pick and are confirmed for
other hotels, those hotels will be added to the list. We would
eventually like to get to approximately 20 or more hotels in Parkersburg, so
that the teams will have a wide variety of choices and accommodations. 4. To request a block of rooms, please click on the link here. It is a very
simple process that will only take you a few minutes. 5. They will have someone available 24 hours a day to handle any problems you may have, before or during your stay.6.
Because of the increasing number of teams we have entering the
tournament from out of town, and the increasing requests for hotel
recommendations, we think it will be a great service for the out of town
teams -- especially the teams that are new to the tournament. And
again most importantly, you can stay wherever you would like at the
guaranteed lowest price.
- This is an ASA Tournament. If you do not already have it, ASA Registration is available on site for $35 and is good for all of your ASA tournaments for the rest of the 2017 season. It is a simple process and takes about 3 minutes.
- A PARKING CHARGE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE FIELDS. $6/car for a day pass or $12/car for a weekend pass.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgeable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 15th.
- If, as in the previous year, the tournament sells out, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.
- If you have any questions on this tournament, please contact us at Bill@fastpitchshowdowns.com.