June 12, 13 and 14, 2015
We are looking forward to working with Tom, Mickey, and all the other hard-working volunteers at Godbey fields. The field crew does a great job and they are all volunteer positions. So we invite you to come out , play some good softball that weekend, and reward all their efforts to make Godbey fields the best fields around.
The tournament will be a 5 game guarantee for 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U teams and a 4 game guarantee for 10U teams, so all the girls get lots of
ball. And all pool play games will be 90 minutes in length so all the teams can
finish, or come close to finishing, their games.
So there will be lots of softball in Parkersburg that weekend and we invite you to come join the fun.
Click on the following links for more Tournament Information
- Mountaineer Showdown Format - All teams will play 4 pool games (except 10U who will play 3 pool play games). Each team will then be seeded in bracket play depending on their record. In age groups with 8 or more teams, the top half of each pool will go in to a Platinum bracket and will play a single elimination tournament. The lower half of each pool will go into a separate Gold division bracket and play a separate single elimination tournament. These brackets will NOT meet. The first and second place teams in each bracket will receive championship medals. All teams will be able to bat their entire line-up and freely substitute in the field. These rules and format are used to give the teams the opportunity to give the maximum number of players a chance to play.
- Mountaineer Showdown Entry Form - Fastpitch Showdowns does not accept entry into any
tournament without a completed entry form and at least a $100 deposit. We do accept credit cards for
payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
discount to all first time NFCA Members. Please click here to download membership form. Membership form MUST be mailed to Fastpitch Showdowns
with your entry form for discount to apply. Discount will be applied to one tournament during the 2014 season.
- Mountaineer Showdown Rules
- These will be posted by October 1st.
- This is an ASA Tournament. If you do not already have it, ASA Registration is available on site for $30 and is good for all of your ASA tournaments for the rest of the 2015 season. It is a simple process and takes about 3 minutes.
- CaptainU is a
service designed to help players and teams maximize their exposure to college
coaches. Participating with CaptainU is not a requirement of the
tournament, but those that choose to will be included in the player profile
book they will create and send to college coaches. They also offer
some premium paid features that you have the choice to opt-into if you are
looking for additional help through the recruiting process. But no one is
under any obligation to do so and you have the choice to stick with the free
tools for as long as you like.
- Team Managers - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- Athletes - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- College Coaches - Links will be posted by November 1st.
- Have questions?
- A PARKING CHARGE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE FIELDS. $5/car for a day pass or $12/car for a weekend pass.
- At Fastpitch Showdowns, we believe in the safety of all
players comes first. All of our
tournament staff is certified in the CDC Concussion Training Course. Because we realize many coaches would like to
be more knowledgable about the developments in this area, we are happy to
provide a link to the FREE CDC Heads Up Online Concussion Training Course. Hopefully you will find this beneficial and
we encourage all those involved with fastpitch softball to use this valuable
- Teams Registered - Team lists will be updated on or about the 1st and 15th of the month beginning January 1st.
- If the tournament sells out as it did in 2014, all schedules and pools will be emailed to the coaches at least 30 days before the tournament. If you believe you are registered for the tournament and you have not received the schedule by then, please let us know.